[Dailydrool] Some People GRRRR

Chris via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Nov 19 15:30:46 PST 2015

I just got a call from a woman wanting a Basset Hound. I wanted to hang up
on her but tried to be nice.  She asked how many I have I said nine she
asked how many males and how many females I said five females four males.
She wanted a young one okay I have all seniors so I told her I have all
seniors she asked "what ages" I said from nine to 15 she said "is the nine
year old a male or female" I said he is a male she said  "oh I want a
female"  then she asked "is he housebroken" I said yes I added but sometimes
he marks. "He marks?" she asked "is he fixed I thought if they are fixed
they can't mark"  I said he is fixed but he marks, "well I don't want one
that marks" I said well he does. Then she asks "is he brown and black?"  I
said he is tri colored she said "what is that?" I said mostly white but a
little brown and some black spots. She said oh I wanted a brown and black
one. I said none of mine  are Brown and Black ( but I lied ) Fuzzy who is
twelve is Brown and Black but by this time she was wearing me slick and I
decided she was not getting one of my dogs.  She said Oh well I'm not
interested I wanted a brown and black female mine just got hit by a car and
my kids are upset they want another dog.... ( I was in shock she was talking
like her Basset Hound was a piece of meat like it was killed but replaceable
like a throw away, I wanted to scream at her but resisted, knowing I am a
representative of a rescue and have to hold back my disgust so as to keep
the image of rescue pure.) I could hear kids screaming in the background to
get a dog get a dog. I said "I am so sorry you lost your beloved pet." She
said oh its okay and hung up before the phone clicked I could hear her tell
the kids " shut up we'll find one. "
Hope you do not mind me expressing my frustration. I used to just tell my
husband the sad stories I hear I have to let them out to try to heal from
the badness, but his mind does not process what I say correctly any more he
gets the words mixed up in his mind and we usually are both frustrated when
I try to explain what I am saying over and over to him so I mainly let him
talk and I just agree with him whether he makes sense or not . Thanks for
listening.

Christine
jbly1 at kc.rr.com