[Dailydrool] Learning FromDogs

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Nov 20 01:51:54 PST 2015

​I once had a guy with whom I was breaking up tell me that he learned
something from every relationship which is kind of how I feel about the
dogs.
I have been taught something by each dog.

Bassets taught me things are not always what they appear to be.
They taught me that it is possible to have physical disabilities and still
remain cheerful and friendly.
They taught me not to quit: that although the scent may be faint and old,
it is still possible to follow it.​
Bassets showed me that nothing is out of reach.
My dogs have taught me--or are trying to teach me--to wait my turn.
My Bassets have shown me that civil disobedience works.
They proved that one may be terrible at one thing but excel at something
totally unexpected.

And they showed me that it is possible to overlook all kinds of faults and
still show love and appreciation. I'm sure I have disappointed them many
times in my inability to understand a simple request ("treat please") but
despite everything, they continue to love me.

MomPerson to Warf, Walker, Zelda, Mitchell, Nigel and Llewis all ATB as
well as Belgians Quiller & Cooper:
and Conley & Doc who are hanging in there, still teaching.

​bgszap2 at gmail.com​