[Dailydrool] Chew Toys Part 2

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Oct 2 05:08:36 PDT 2015

I found out I wasn't specific enough when I wrote my last post on chew
toys. I got my notice to update my chewy order before shipping and decided
to add some plain old boring chew bones since those seem to be the bone of
choice for Beauford. I need to clarify that I only give my guys the
durachews. These are the hard nylabones. I get what is insome circles
called the wolf size, but is sometimes called the medium bone. I know they
say up to 35 pounds on them. Here is the thing. The large bones are the
same diameter as the medium bones. They are just longer. That extra length
makes it harder for our short little bassets to carry around. My dogs
seldom carry the bones like you see in the cartoons. They grab an end and
have the rest hanging down. So, the large bones are a tripping hazzard. The
dental dinosaurs are considered large. That is fine. They are much bigger
around, but not extra long. Just a clarification since nylabone makes
flexichews (I think Bugsey would think he had died and gone to heaven if I
gave him one of these, but his siblings would bite off chunks and swallow
them and we would all be on pins and needles waiting to see if it passed.)
They also make all kinds of healthy chews that are edible. They don't get
these because of allergy issues. Plus I think they are pricey for how long
any of that ilk lasts with my dogs.

Jennifer with Beauford (mom put a wishbone in the order for mememe!),
Bugsey (huh?), and Browyn the Fairy Princess (I saw little bones for mememe
as well! and she didn't get any of those nasty peppermint ones)