[Dailydrool] Memory foam beds

Sally King via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Oct 4 13:59:28 PDT 2015

 A few years ago when Rolph (who is two days older than Morse) started showing achy joints I bought a memory foam bed for them. It is about 1.5 ins deep and in a wipe clean cover. It doesn't rattle or pop, it's not squishy, it doesn't wander round the room and it cost the same as a couple of giant bags of kibble (the good stuff).
Neither hound will sleep on it, rest on it, or do anything other than walk over it. I have it by my bed on one side and a cheap, lumpy donut bed the other. Clara usually sleeps on the sofa. If she sleeps in my room, she takes the donut and Rolph sleeps on the laminate floor, or my bedside rug. ANYWHERE other than the memorybucks bed.
The bedside rug and hall rug, Rolph's other favourite place, are both washable bath rugs, with rubber backs as recommended by Momperson Bev a while back. Ace move, they cope with slobber, pee, poop and vomit, look like new and are clearly very comfortable.
Can't recommend memory foam, though.
Sally, with achy Rolph and Clara, UK