[Dailydrool] Violeta is back home .

VIRGINIA OLIVEIRA via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Oct 9 17:57:54 PDT 2015

Hi everyone!

Yes.
Dadperson went, with a heavy heart, to the vetspital to see what diagnose these 2 days there (having an apetite stimulant, blood work, ultrassom, would shown.

She was happy to see Helio - dadperson-  and the vet said there is nothing really "bad" that he could verify - by the bloodwork and xray ( cant remember if there was an ultrassound).

It is interesting to see the atittute of the vetman : he thinks the dosage of the diuretic is a little too high , so they will diminish that and maybe her appetite gets better.
We will dance according to the music. It is a fact that Violeta is not as lettargic as Xaxa was when his time was coming, but at the same time she has had seisures in the last few weeks. Yesterday she had a small one when the doc was checking her - what was good for diagnosis. The vet said it looks much more like a seizure than fainting. That she probably had a small stroke ( the first one? Dadperson didn't ask, they didn't say).
Well, I will check the web. : drink a lot of water, no appetite. She is somewhat active ( doesn't sleep all the time - but she always was a good sleeper). At home she goes out in the sun, smell the flowers. Ok, she is not a super-dog, but isn't dying either ( I think).
It is difficult when we have a vet who isn't precise about the diagnostic.

I cannot denny that I felt such a relief when I answered the phone and heard "splash splash splash" - the high sound of Violeta's drinking water ( she has been drinking a lot of water. We though diabetes, but it is not. Maybe too much diuretics? At this point, at 13 years and 7 months, and some meds, we don't know. ) Certainly was music to our ears.
Helio said she barked out loud ( as she always does) when he

went to pick her up. Not acting sick...but she continues not eating. Some treats, ok. Some more food, even though sometimes she will eat well, after some time, she will vomit. It is very stressful, to say the least. You all know.

So Helio took her home and she is well under the sun, smelling the sweet smell of flowers ( what she loves doing), sleeping ( always was good in that). She will continue having the same meds for congenial heart failure,the dose of the diuretic smaller, and let's see how she goes.
Asked about the possibility of Violeta being with cancer, vetman thinks her exams results and disposition doesn't points in that way.

If you guys, my great FURENDS, could spared some healing drool, we are accepting. After all, being 13 years old, going on 14 is a big thing.
I could feel a happy but sad tone on dadperson voice.
She is back home, complaining sometimes, but we know she is old, like a 90 + years-old grampa, the one we get aprehensive about.
I will keep you posted, will receive all the drool and kiss you guys send.
And, life is like that. That is the price we pay for sharing our lives with wonderful beings who love us like crazy and who we love like mad as well.
I prayed for God to keep her around while she is happy, content and enjoying life. God will let us know when her time comes, like Xaxa's did. Even if it is just 2 or a few days more. So we will be able to enjoy life together for as long as needed. And if she is just sick ( there are so many diseases), we will have a gift of having her more with us.
Thank you everyone.
Drool to all who need it,

Virginia, Violeta ( they poke me :-( ) and Xaxa ( in heaven)

Miriam Virginia Oliveira
duda.tuppence at shaw.caéigh