[Dailydrool] making progress

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Oct 13 20:13:39 PDT 2015

We are making progress, Mariah and the family, in our mutual training of one another. mariah has trained Bill to close his bedroom door so that Mariah does not raid his laundry basket and chew the pockets out of his shorts. He still leaves dishes around, and Mariah still loves knocking them to the floor and cleaning them, but none of us is taking the issue very seriously anymore.

> Best progress is that Mariah is no longer stealth peeing. We recognized that the stealth peeing was occurring at night mostly, so for the past few weeks, at night we have shut Mariah and Mila both in my bedroom with me (which is super small). that way I could hear if somedog was up and about. Mariah learned to sleep through the night on the bed without incident. Now I can leave the door open and Mariah still sleeps through. Mila gets up to pee about four AM--I have been letting her out--but now with the door open, Mila lets herself out through the doggie door, lets herself back in, and goes back to sleep. And there are no puddles left by Mariah. of course, I could be misattributing everything. Torrential raining coincided with the stealth peeing, and now it is dry again, so the inside peeing may just have been Mariah's reaction to her perception that she is made out of sugar and might melt in the rain.

tomorrow both girls going in for a dental. Mila has a hard, grape sized lump on her chest which the vet will also remove. Drool please for benign results.

Regarding Shannon's vet, is there any way of finding out what he needs at this point? I too would be happy to pitch in but am not sure what wouldn't be covered by insurance versus would be covered, etc. shannon, could you tell him you might know a few fairy dogmothers who are not rich but would like to help, and what could they send him? (then we'd need an address).

Aloha to all. Val of Hawaii, with Mariah and Mila