[Dailydrool] Thank you, my furends (about Violeta's)

VIRGINIA OLIVEIRA via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Oct 17 17:08:33 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

Life has been somewhat difficult latelly.
Violeta, after not being well, at 13 and 1/2 yrs. old, decided with her Dadperson that she always loved so much, that Heaven was calling. She was tired, time had come to rest at the bridge and meet her brother Xaxa. So on Saturday dad and the vetperson helped her. Hard to talk about it.

I don't know if I cried/suffered/got over it when Xaxa passed or even before, when I had to move out of the house because of the divorce, leaving my babies behind.
Boy, you cannot imagine the amount of pain I felt that time. From 2 bassets and a hubby to just me.
And then it seems I got paralized, or cried all I could or had.
This time, that my baby has gone to the bridge, I am kind of using a cover, something, that is helping with the pain. It is really strange. Of course the pain is here, but I guess I developed coping skills.
We have been preparing ourselves since Xaxa passed in 2011.
I just know that it doesn't matter how much we prepared ourselves, you are never really prepared. How can you?
But as I have told many furends, I KNOW that I will still meet Violeta one day, in heaven.
This pain is the price we pay for loving so much, being loved that much. It is all worth it.
I may sound repetitive, but life without our babies IS somewhat empty.
I thank ALL THE FURENDS WHO HAVE SENT ME THEIR SENTIMENTS. Helio and I really appreciate it.
Now life goes on. It will be more difficult to dadperson because he is used to have Violeta around for 13 years and 5 months. And I pray for him to accept it and get used to this. But getting used is something we do slowly. You cannot getting used in a second, the heart heals slowly. That's how life is.
I will be around the Daily Drool. You are my Basset family. Being bassetless is so, I don't know.
I just know that Violeta is and will continue to be greatly missed, as Xaxa will also continue to be.
Love never dies.
And all that remains - love. Will be a great part of our life. Lots of love to each of them.
And one day I will get another one or two bassets. Who knows? Life is a surprise to us all.
Enjoy flying my sweet baby. Now you probably can. There is no time in heaven, so when you least expect, BOOM! Mommy will be right there with you guys. And walking. Nice hey?!
Love
Virginia, proud mom of Xaxa and Violeta. ( and whoever else might come in the future).

Miriam Virginia Oliveira
duda.tuppence at shaw.ca