[Dailydrool] Truman ill

Janice Henry via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Oct 26 14:44:06 PDT 2015

Poor Truman was over at his brother Data's house for 3 nights.  Yesterday
Truman and Data fought over some crumbs on the floor and Data nailed Trumie
right below his left eye.  So, Truman and I hurried out to the vet's office.

I was also worried about Truman's excessive peeing,  so not only did he get
stitches, but an rx for amoxicillin. Truman came home and made it 6 feet
into the house before he had to lie down.  He's finally moving more around
the house and went for 2 short walks today so far.

I'm not sure that staying with Data for anything more than 1 night will
work out in the future.   Bill and I have this hope that our dogs will get
along, but it's only been working so-so. Data and Truman have a history of
small confrontations, but this was a more harrowing event for me and for
Truman (Data, too).

I'm going to try to walk Truman and Data together.  Lucy, Data's new
housemate boxer,  gets along fine with both Data and Truman.

If staying together, all 3 dogs get fed in a separate place.  Does anyone
have any suggestions for dealing with dog rivalry?

Thanks and drool to all those who need it.

Janice with wounded Truman

--
Janice Marilyn Henry