[Dailydrool] 12 paws again!

Donna Lindy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Oct 29 12:51:40 PDT 2015

Bill and I have been fostering Maggie for Basset Hound Rescue
Georgia and on Saturday we made her an official member of the
Lindy household.  We are back to having 12 paws after having
lost Gracie in February. I arrived at an adoption event a few
weeks ago just after Maggie’s tearful elderly dad returned her to
the rescue after having had her for 5 years. Sadly, he could no
longer care for her. Maggie was upset, too, and it broke my heart.
We were approved to foster her in a few days and she’s been here
ever since.

Maggie is about 8 years old and is used to being an only dog so
we are having some adjustments but overall it is going very well.
She and Sunny cruise the yard and watch for squirrels together
and often share the same bed.  Bosley keeps his distance but
he has problems with his back legs and prefers not to be jostled
or stepped on.

So we now have basset #9 in our 29 years of having this
wonderful breed that we all love so much - all so different and
yet so much the same. Amazingly, she does many of the same
things our Gracie did, which makes us wonder if she sent this
sweet girl to us.  You know how those bassets take care of us
in their own ways . . ..

Tomorrow I am taking 3 hounds to the vet.  Should be
interesting!

Donna, drool fueling for 3 again - Bosley, Sunny and Maggie