[Dailydrool] Gracie Lou

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Oct 24 17:38:09 PDT 2015

I don't think she knows what to do. Without proper socialization as a
child, she took her cues from Magnolia but now, there's no one to tell her
how to behave or that it is safe where she is so she is very insecure and
anxious.

A drug temporarily might help but I suggest training: teach her some actual
obedience--"sit" comes to mind not that she doesn't know it anyway, but
does she know it on command?
Some dogs (Doc is a case in point) will relax when someone tells them what
to do. I can stop an anxious response in him by giving him a direct command
SIT-- oh thank heavens! Someone told me what to do. This is fine, I know
how to do this. I'm ok.
Like the perennial joke about the sheep standing around at a party and the
host is saying "Oh thank heavens, the Border Collies are here!" as the dogs
come in the door.

I do not know if this will help. Its just a thought. You may want to
consider a companion for her also.

MomPerson to Doc (Sit? I can do that!) and Conley (Sit? Are you kidding me?)

bgszap2 at gmail.com

--
'