[Dailydrool] kidney issues

Bonnie Harlow via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Sep 5 10:04:49 PDT 2015

Once again, the Daily drool comes to the rescue. Thanks so much to all of
you who already emailed me with info. on kidney disease in Bassets. I
wanted to share right away that one drooler sent me the link to a yahoo
group for owners of dogs with kidney issues. She said it is a very helpful
group (probably like the drool). Being a member of the blind dogs group I
have found how valuable info. and support on specific needs can be from
others with experience.
   If anyone else needs info on kidney disease the link is:
There is a lengthy application to fill out but I am sure it will be worth
the time to do so.
Thanks so much to Kathy for sending me this info. and all of the others who
replied to my plea for help.

    Also wanted to say that I too love, love, love the Basset Hound Owner's
Survival guide by Diane Morgan. I recommend it to everyone and would love
to see an updated copy too. The first time I read it I laugted so hard that
I cried...great stories. Need to read it again soon.
    Was totally disappointed yesterday when I heard about the Pioneer Woman
Charlie cookie jar (I love cookie jars)...I immediately checked my Wal Mart
store and no pioneer woman cookware of any kind there yet. Got on
WalMart.com and of course, they are already OUT of stock on the cookie
jars. Hopefully they will get more!!!  I love all of the Charlie books too
as kids books are my #2 addiction after Bassets and I collect kids books
featuring Bassets. We should share our favorite ones on the drool for all
other Basset book addicts.
     Thanks again for sending info. on kidney disease...I welcome all of
the help possible. Hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend with
your Bassets.
Bonnie Harlow
blessedbassets at gmail.com