[Dailydrool] Hunter, Bounder Beagle ATB

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Sep 9 16:12:28 PDT 2015

Hi all,
We lost one of the Bounders last Saturday.  Hunter, a little gentle Beagle, had declined greatly since he had lost an eye to glaucoma and lost the sight in his other eye.  I cannot say for certain, but I do wonder if he was one who just could not adjust to blindness,  and sort of gave up.  He was older, 13-14.
I don't know,  except I know he is very missed and was very loved.  Everyone who came to the house loved this sweet old boy.  He used to just prance around sometimes and the last couple months, that was not happening, and his tail was not wagging much.  I know he is happy now,  hopefully, finding his place in the kitchens with the other Beagles.  He loved the kitchen.

The Bassets do not seem to be missing him, but Sara( our "70Lb Beagle" is. Sara (who has lost 18 lbs and now a 62lb not a Beagle) would step in for him if one of the Basset boys would grump at him.  She was his protector.