[Dailydrool] My Baby is Growing Up

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Sep 9 21:51:02 PDT 2015

I am in shock. I think it is now official. Browyn is growing up. Yesterday
I had to take all three bassets in for their heartworm test, heartworm
shot, and Bugsey's ear recheck. Beauford always gets nervous at the vet. He
was hanging in there with both siblings there, but when they took Bugsey to
get his blood work, He started shaking, and panting to beat the band.
Browyn took one look at him getting all worked up and she...laid down on
the ground with the bottoms of her feet touching Beauford's legs. Then she
started doing slow, deep breathing. Beauford quit shaking and his panting
slowed a little bit. I was impressed. Of course she stole the vet's heart
and he felt like she needed extra belly rubs and treats. She manages to
pull this off every where we go.

Meanwhile, Bugsey's ears had made great strides. The vet was out of the
medicine he used last time, so we are going back Friday to see how they
look and possibly get another dose.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess (see I do
have magical powers like real fairies!)