[Dailydrool] Uncle Milty

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Sep 10 18:12:53 PDT 2015

I rarely post, but do read the list.  It is with a heavy heart that I am
letting you all know that my Milton, aka Uncle Milty crossed to Rainbow
Bridge yesterday morning.  He was my big, red and white, smooshy boy.  He
was one of the biggest, wrinkliest bassets I have ever seen.  Long ears,
big paws and a heart of gold.  He came to me about 6 years ago from 4 The
Hounds.  I had a lot of talking and convincing to do to let Gladys part
with him as he was her special boy.

He was such a personality.  Larger than life.  He howled when his kibble
was late, did a happy dance when I came home, slept with me every night,
helped me through bad times and good.  Moved to Florida and back to
Kansas. We really had no idea how old he was, we think about 15, but are
not sure.  He loved all people, dogs and cats.  His big deal was to stroke
you with one of his big paws to let you know he needed attention.  He has
such cronic ear infections and later in life he had eye issues, but not one
of these kept him from motoring around.

He left in dignity with me holding his big paw and whispering that I loved
him so much and it was OK for him to go.  He was my true heart dog.  He has
left a huge hole in my heart and large paws to fill for whomever follows.
I am now Bassetless for the first time in a very long time.

Fly free my sweet boy.  Momma loves you.

Marsha Tiemann