[Dailydrool] Drool for Wulfgang

Kim Dworak via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Sep 16 07:57:35 PDT 2015

I took Wulfie to the vet 2 and a half weeks ago.  He was drinking a ton of water and peeing everywhere.  He also had a large lump in his tail that appeared pretty much overnight.  The tail turned out to be an infected bite, vet said probably from one of the cats.  He gave him antibiotics and lanced it. (my poor boy, it was horrible).  They also did blood work and a urine test to see why he was so thirsty.  He had slightly elevated calcium levels and a high white blood cell count.  They did a rectal exam and found a lump on his anal gland.  Vet said if it's just impacted the antibiotics will take care of it, if not then we'll look at it again.  He finished the antibiotics last Thursday, I brought him in Monday to redo the blood work and check the lump.  Everything in the blood work was normal (sugar, kidneys etc all normal) except for the calcium, which had gone up more.  Still not very high, but slightly higher than normal.  Today they are going to knock him out and look at the lump.  If they can get clean margins, they will remove it and send it to be tested, if not they will do a needle aspiration and send that off for testing.  Last night he refused a treat, which never happens.  He is so desperate for water that he cries if he hears the faucet running.  So we could use lots of drool.  I am really worried about him.  They said to call at 4 to find out how he did.  They have a doxie with an obstruction that had to get squeezed in ahead of him, so the doxie could use some drool too.
We are sending drool to everyone who needs it!
Kim with Hal, Wulfie and Heidi