[Dailydrool] An update on my 3 Senior patients

CenturyLink Customer via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Sep 30 11:44:39 PDT 2015

As always, I'm amazed by the power of drool. Thanks to all of you who have sent drool our way. We are eternally grateful and should be slinging drool to those in need again soon.

Sheradyn's sprained knee and foot injury she slowly healing. She is able to walk and bearing weight on her foot some now. At first, she made it across the kitchen before it would give out on her then a little farther each day needing less help to get up again. Now she can get out of her crate on her own. She has started getting back up on her own but if she collapses I am right there with the sling to help her get up. This morning after I got her outside and down off the deck I dropped the sling to the ground and she walked off of it and kept going on her own. I waited while she took care of business and returned to me. Progress has been slow but consistent in the past week or so. We are elated. Her ear infection is clearing up with the drops the vet mixed for her. She' ll have a dental soon as she needs that huge rear molar that's cracked pulled.

Lacey is on antibiotics for 2 weeks for the foxtail heads  that we removed from  her  gums. As the swelling subsides I find more little pieces of them along her gum line. She must have chewed on the plants getting the barbs stuck in her  teeth and gums. We' re overrun  with the darn things this year. I've been fur minating the dogs and checking their paws between their toes to keep them free of the darn things but I wasn't aware anyone was chewing the dry plants . So far she's the only one that's on meds. Now  I'm checking everyone's teeth and gums now too. I've found a few small foxtail pieces in Tucker's teeth  this morning . I'm applying Petz Life dental gel along their gum line to help control the tartar buildup as it kills bacteria too.

Dazzle has finished her meds but the stitches on her back look like they're separating in the same spot as they did last time . They itch and she has started to lick them. I fear she's going to come home with the infamous cone of shame to wear  for a while. We're waiting for a call back from the vet.

It's been a challenge here that's for sure but we're making progress . I hope this post isn't too long.

Jacqie & the Lowdown Senior Hounds of Oakrydge