[Dailydrool] Millie

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Sep 24 18:49:18 PDT 2015

Yesterday Millie had her first grooming, something she definitely did not
like one bit.  I stayed with her to help keep her calm.  She was not  too
bad, but did shake a lot, especially when the glow dryer was turned  on.  She
was fair with the low power, but when the high power was on, she  tried to
jump off the table.  So we had to just use the low power, and even  then we
did not dry her completely.  But now she is clean and smells so  good.

Today she did something that surprised me.  Yesterday, after her  bathing
experience, I bought her a special treat which she did not want to eat  at
the groomer.  I brought her home and gave her a little of it, which she  ate.
I then put the rest, a large piece of it, on the table next to the  couch
in the family room.  This morning while I was eating breakfast I  heard a
chomping coming from the family room.  I went in to investigate,  and there was
Millie eating the rest of the treat, which she had taken off the  table.
She is becoming very comfortable with her new home.

Just as reminder that BBR's Moon Doggie Coffee fundraiser ends October
4th.  Please help to make the event a success.  You can order both  regular and
decaf Ben and Charlie's African Adventure coffee.  Thanks so  much for your
help.  Just mention BBR in the comments section.

Douglas and  Millie with
Pw.'s Charlie & Bennett Both ATB
ddropp at aol.com