[Dailydrool] Update on the houseguests

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Apr 24 20:34:41 PDT 2016

Sigh. Another ten hours this weekend doing meet and greet at Petco with the pit mix houseguests. A few nibbles, no bites, so to speak. Unfair competition--four more adorable puppies adopted. (That's about ten pups since we started--about four more and the supply is exhausted and potential homes may look more  losely at the older dogs). The good news is that our household has coalesced nicely. The pushy boxer-bit, Jane, and Mila and Mariah play and wrestle all day long. The activity level in our house has increased exponentially. The shy heeler-pit doesn't join in but is slowly coming out of her shell. We have almost but not quite conquered her rashes and hot spots. We are all exhausted but doing okay. Regimentation has helped. eAch dog now knows her specific feeding station and her specific sleeping bed, so things are orderly since each dog knows what is expected. I've learned a lot in terms of dog training from the trainer who coordinates the adoption events. If you would like to see a photo of me and the fosters, google KARES facebook, HI,  or if you just want to see the fosters, google KARES, HI, (dogs for adoption). Sooner or later we'll find homes for the fosters, I feel confident. The no kill rescue we are working with is very persistent and eventually all their dogs find homes. How long eventually is is the only snag. So that's our news. I would never have imagined Mariah the Maraudah basset could have such fun bringing a boxer-pitbull to her knees. A feisty girl basset to be sure. Val of Hawaii with Mila, Mariah, and the foster pit mixes. Vlbzwick at yahoo.com