[Dailydrool] Dog encroachment

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Aug 20 00:34:45 PDT 2016

This is Mariah. That new girl in our house, the pitbull mix Ipo, is encroaching on my space. Mom doesn't allow us to duke it out like we did at the kennel that time when she was away (which is probably just as well since I lost that time.). Mom insists we share peacefully. Both of us slept on Mom's bed last night, one on each side of Mom. I'm not sure I like sharing peacefully, so I'm trying out some new techniques. this afternoon Mom was sitting on one side of the sofa looking at her computer. I was snuggled next to her towards the middle. When up comes Ipo right next to me and she keeps moving in closer and closer, crowding me more and more, ignoring my raised lips. I didn't dare bite her, both because she'd bite back but more so because Mom would pounce on both of us and neither of us would get to be next to her. so this is what I did. I stretched out all four of my legs, braced my back on mom, planted my tootsies on Ipo and gave gave Ipo a coordinated, big shove away from us. Mom noticed and made Ipo lay down on the far side of the sofa without crowding me.  SO we were all three on the sofa but I was next to mom still. Nahny Nahny na na!  Success!  then tonight, I went to bed before anyone else and stretched myself across the whole bed. There was room for mom to crawl in and shove me over but no room for Ipo to crawl in next to her. HA. Ha.  Ipo is on the dog bed next to the bed for now. Ipo may have the brawn, but I've got the brains.  aloha, Mariah. Vlbzwick at yahoo.com