[Dailydrool] Stuff

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Aug 26 18:10:58 PDT 2016

Hi it's Dale, the ever clueless momPerson,
First and foremost let me say I am very sorry that Thelma Lou and William and Jelly Bean had to leave right now, I can feel just how much they are missed.  LuLu sends healing drool to their people and Snoopy sends soft snooter kisses and Gracie asked me to tell you that she loves you very much.
As for me I'm a basset case.  Got that from Shannon, who says I can't be taught.  Last weekend I went up to San Francisco to do a triathlon where the swim is from Alcatraz to the yacht club in San Francisco ....about 1 and a quarter miles ..... parallel to the golden gate bridge so pretty nsarly currents ..... due to the ocean swim I came home smelling like cat food in the opinion of Snoopy, LuLu and Gracie who did not at all approve of my antics.  I tried to explain to Snoopy that the hills are so steep in San Francisco that they had to close the roads for the 23 mile  bike and the 6 mile run but he told me it was still playing in the street even if they didn't have cars on them right then. I can't catch a break I've been on restriction all week.
Snoopy's been a real ass lately anyway if you ask me .... he's changed my paypal password again and won't tell me what it is ..... I found him up on the kitchen table the other day ..... just yesterday Gracie was stealing some food off of the counter and he went in there and took her down and had her screaming and crying ...... I'm telling you he is feeling reallty good lately ..... my husband had a friend over for dinner last night named Jason.  Jason is a carpenter and my husband hired him back in May to build a custom ramp from the dog door to the patio out back because the old ramp was too narrow and had no railing and after Snoopy went down in the back and was dragging he would sometimes fall right off of the side of the old ramp. Jason engineered and built a ramp with a redwood railing which was twice as wide as the old one and will hold 300 lbs (has a frame of 2x4s) so that if all the hounds get on it at once and are stomping and a jumping it'll hold.  At the time we didn't know how much recovery Snoopy would get, and we wanted him to be able to get outside.
Anywayh last night Jason was watching Snoopy charge up and down that ramp at top speed playing the fool and he said "wow .... I guess he made a full recovery ..... I didn't expect that."  Yeah, we didn't either.  I could make a snide remark about being careful what you wish for but I won't .... I'll take it gratefully, naughty antics and all.  Gracie too .... she's laying right beside him right now next to me, loves him to pieces.  He's can be a real ass though.  Sometimes.
Anyway it's all good here at the clueless household.  Natalie is back at school .... Junior year .... wow .... we've been on this list a while now.  Greg loves being retired and I retired from Intel back in June but it lasted all of 2 weeks before I let Sony PlayStation talk me into coming to work for them.  Hey, maybe I'll pile up pensions like cord wood.  My like I'll wipe out long before then and somebody else will get to spend them.  That's ok, I have lots of energy and I love what I do.
Hug your bassets close ..... and your people too.  Even if they're an ass.  You love them and you know it.
Dale .... aka the clueless momPerson