[Dailydrool] Cowboy's Sunday

K. Green via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Aug 29 15:21:36 PDT 2016

Cowboy here, I rarely write in, but I've been seeing posts about bassets
being asses, which I myself have been accused of. So I thought I'd share a
bit about my day yesterday. In the end, you can decide who was an ass and
who was just an adorable, fun-loving hound enjoying his Sunday Funday!

Sheslave told us we were going to do a home visit for rescue and she wanted
us to be on decent behavior so she loaded us up early and took us to the
botanical gardens to walk around for an hour. Well that was fine and dandy,
we enjoyed sniffing around and pooping near prized plants....even though it
meant we had to be on leashes and we couldn't walk in the flower beds.Don't
get me wrong, I tried. But she kept tugging me away saying something about
it being a garden that allowed dogs, not a dog garden. After that we headed
to the home. Rupert and I love doing home visits and showing off how
wonderful bassets can be. So we stormed right in and I let off a good 35
howls, while Rupert marked the carpet. The sheslave was mortified, but I'm
pretty sure the whole point of a home visit is to make sure the people are
ok with peeing on the carpet and that they understand that bassets love to
talk. So that's what we did. We showed our true colors, and as you can
expect, the people loved us!

After that, we napped until we reached our next destination: the beach.
(The sheslave likes to do fun stuff with us on her days off, and she says
it makes me sleep better and be less of an ass, but really I know that
she's just like Snoopy's mom and she is grateful for my assiness.) Well
right as we pulled up, so did a husky and another dog and I went running
straight after them into the water, which I rarely ever do. Then I did it
again and again until we left and I was exhausted, wet and sandy. Of course
I got in the car and immediately started rubbing all over the seats so I
could get some of the sand out of my coat.

Well upon getting home, I was utterly pooped. All I wanted to do was get a
drink and then lie in the sun until it went down. But did she let me do
that? Nooooo. She let Rupert do that, but she mumbled something about me
being sandy and then before I could even run off, she grabbed me by the
harness and she hosed me off! With cold water! In my front yard, where all
the neighbors could see. It was pretty assy, if you ask me. I just go about
my day being a regular old hound, but time and time again I'm accused of
being loud, ornery and assy. Have I ever hosed anyone off with cold water
though? I think not!

Harrrumph.

-Cowboy
greenlikethecolor at gmail.com