[Dailydrool] Different perspective

Sandi Wittenberg via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Aug 14 18:36:46 PDT 2016

Terry ... I agree with you ... you are never to old to have a basset.  A
sure way to shorten your life is to be basset-less.  If you wife is
concerned about the basset out-living you, all reputable breeders and
rescues have a "return" clause that REQUIRES the basset be returned in case
you are unable to keep him/her for the life of the basset.

I am 68 and I have 8 bassets.  They keep me active and strong.  I show them
and care for them by myself (My husband has Alzheimer's and is in a care
facility).  I recently took all 8 of them for two weeks on the road to dog
shows ... driving a 70 foot rig, setting up x-pens,  getting dogs in and out
of the truck, showing two dogs on 9 of the 14 days on the road.

I intend to die with a basset on my lap or in my bed.

Sandi Wittenberg
Red Bay Bassets