[Dailydrool] howliday card exchange

Donna Lindy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Dec 22 14:53:59 PST 2016

Martha, Joey and other Droolers who are missing doing
the howliday card exchange this year as well as others
who may have never done the card exchange because
of the cost, here is something you can do will help with
expenses - form a mailing group!

There are several Droolers that put together a group
every year - me, Lisa Potter, Karen Muchmore and
others.  Postage costs more than the card these
days - to mail one card to 100 people (in the U.S.) it costs
$46 but if you join a mailing group with 2 additional people,
your mailing cost goes down to $15.34.  Larger groups
incur more postage because the weight of the envelope
goes over 1 oz.  In that case you are dividing $68 by more
people - if there are 6 people you would be paying only
$11. 34. Either way you are saving substantial money.

Here are some basics:

There are several things to keep in mind when you
have a mailing group - one is that you have to have
someone willing to do the work. In my case, two of
my Drooler friends come over and we all  stuff, seal
and stamp.  We make an afternoon of it and have a good
time.  Second, everyone has to agree to do the same
size card - we do 4 x 8 cards  We all also agree to do photo
paper rather than card stock. When you weigh your envelope,
weigh it with labels in place if you use those - it can make a
difference!  Just make sure everyone in your group coordinates
with each other on cards size and weight of the paper and then
it’s fair to everyone.  You don’t have to live in the same area -
our mailing group is from all over the country. Just ship your
cards to the person stuffing the envelopes. If  you are in a
foreign country, this is the way to go.

Another thing to consider is that everyone in your
mailing group is on the same list and that you let Kacy know
so she puts you all on the same list. It doesn’t
matter for full list people but for short or mid lists it does.

While everyone may not like getting an envelope with
more than one or two cards in it, I much prefer it to
not having people participate. So if expense has been
a red flag for you in doing the howliday cards, do consider
a mailing group. Feel free to email me with questions -
I’ll be happy to go into more detail. I just wanted to put
this out there as food for thought for those who might
be interested.

Happy holidays to everyone from Sunny and Maggie,
Bill and me - keep drooling and believing!

Donna, drool fueler for Sunny and Maggie