[Dailydrool] Anyone with experience with Vestibular Disease

Kimlynne Slagel via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Dec 29 19:38:03 PST 2016

Aloha Faithful Droolers,

  I sending out a plea for information from anyone who has had a basset
diagnosed with Vestibular disease.  We think our 10-12 year old
(abandoned/stray with no records to verify age) may have this.  We won't be
able to see the doctor until Monday but looked up his symptoms online and
came up with this.  He's walking to the right and circles clockwise
whenever he needs to lie down.  He's lethargic (but he's a basset with
naturally low energy) and eats sporadically.  We just had him in at the
VERC (Veterinarian Emergency and Referral Clinic) where he had x-rays,
blood tests, urine tests, ultra sound and more done.  Came back a diagnosis
of at UTI which we have cleared up and had the urine re-checked to be sure
the anti-biotic did the trick.  It was a particular e-coli infection.  That
was 3 weeks ago.  Now this.  Any words of wisdom would be welcomed.

Sincerely

Kimlynne Slagel
Mom to Odell (brother of Harley and Bo Brewer-Zwick ATB) and Hastings