[Dailydrool] Party Tricks

Tim Mayer via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Dec 31 13:43:03 PST 2016

Lurking. With two young, healthy dogs, I've not had much to say. Obviously
my sympathies are with those who have recently lost their beloved hounds.

And I'll also pass along greetings for the new year. I hope everyone parties
safely and gets the year off to a great start.

In that regard, Reginald is working on his party tricks. This guy is
playful. He loves to carry his rubber ball around and ask me to throw it.
But if I'm busy, he'll roll it, bark at it, bounce it, pick it up and run,
and drop it to play some more. But that's not the trick.

Reggie likes to tip over his water dish and play in the mess. Yeah, fun,
right? Well, I made a box out of PVC sheets that we use at work, and
attached it to one end a long sheet of the same material. The long end is
jammed under the freezer, and the water dish is set in the box. Fixed. Can't
tip THAT over. But my boys dribble when the drink (don't they all?) So I put
a hand towel down over the top of the box before I put the water dish in.
The towel hung over the sides an inch or two.

Silly dog decided to try the tablecloth trick. Sure enough, he jerked that
towel out clean - nary a drop of water spilled. Quite a trick! Too bad it
wasn't on camera <grin>

Anyway, best wishes to everyone,

Tim Mayer, with Dexter and Reginald calmly laying in front of me wondering
why I'm not playing ball.