[Dailydrool] Comforting upset bassets

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Feb 22 16:15:30 PST 2016

Sigh. Despite wearing the cone of shame, a t-shirt, and taking Benedryl, last night Mariah managed to bloody both the hot spot in her armpit and the one in her neck folds. I am not even sure how she managed to do that. We tried to get a vet appointment today not only with our own vet, but with three other vets on the island, and noone can fit us in for a week--not emergency enough. mIss Mariah was whimpering this morning. i have dispatched my husband to Petco to  buy an assortment of medicated shampoos and sprays and treatments. thank you Angelika, for suggestions, and I have bathed Mariah again in oatmeal shampoo, and outfitted her in a new t shirt and cone of shame. bUt then she started shivering, so now I have her wrapped in a blanket and snuggled next to me on the heated waterbed and she finally seems at  peace and sleeping contentedly for the moment. bUt of course I can't get off the bed. I can't decide if my enforced bedrest is a blessing or an annoyance. Bill will be back soon and we can begin systematically testing products. Fortunately, Mila seems to have made a full recovery from her itchies by wearing a t shirt, making me think the source of the trouble must be something on the ground. Val of Hawaii with Mariah and Mila. Vlbzwick at yahoo.com