[Dailydrool] Checking in

K. Green via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Feb 26 10:59:22 PST 2016

Hello Droolers,

Just checking in because I haven't written in awhile and fell behind on
some of my digests over the past month or so. I took a new job about 6
months ago, whicb I love - but it really cuts into my old habits of reading
the dailydrool on the job. :)

Cowboy and Rupert are both doing relatively well. We had separate health
scares with each of them this week. Rupert tried to bloat on Monday night,
but after heavy doses of gas-x and a concerned mama staying up with him
through most of the night, he passed some gas, his belly slowly went back
to normal size and eventually he stopped trying to eat grass. We saw a vet
on Tuesday - a new one for us since our move last fall - and we got some
cerenia in case he gets into another nauseous funk anytime soon.

By Wednesday, Rupert was feeling better and the sun was shining so James
took both dogs to our local dog park for a little playtime. Cowboy was just
moseying about in the yard when another dog chasing a ball just plowed
right into little Cow. Cowboy took a hard hit, began screaming (I believe
"squealing like a pig" was how James described it) and couldn't get up.
James had to pick him up and carry him out to the car. By the time he got
home he was walking, albeit with a limp, but he has slowly been recovering
with some rimadyl and rest.

So other than all that excitement, the boys are great and as sweet and loud
as ever. We are sending drool to Mariah for her itchies, Merta Lou for an
easy spay recovery and that she is eating by now, and to anyone else in
need. We also loved seeing Gunter last weekend on the calendar. He is still
loved and remembered in our home.

Drool on and happy Friday,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert
greenlikethecolor at gmail.com