[Dailydrool] Houndie who has passed. Find the crematory yourself! Save money. Get them back sooner.

Dawn Van Keuren via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Feb 27 20:30:32 PST 2016

When Sydney B. our first basset to pass, did, it was crazy sudden and I wanted an autopsy. The vet kept him to be cremated. Several weeks later he came back in a little wooden box and we paid several hundred dollars for the cremation. 2003 was a bad year. 6 months later, Woo joined Syd. He passed at the University of Pennsylvania. They sent him to be cremated and several weeks later he came back in a little wooden box. We paid $100. 3 months later, Feyfey died at home. Woo's box had the name and phone number for the crematory. I called. We immediately drove her there, with me sobbing all the way. 3 days later she came back in a little wooden box. We paid $160. They said Penn gets a group discount and doesn't jack the price. Vets charge for having dealt with it. Since then we have driven all our fur kids to Paws for Heaven. It is half the price of letting the vets send them.....and they come back in  a few days. I suggest finding the local pet crematory, in advance. FYI - check the payment requirements. Paws to Heaven likes cash.

When Newmie passed, it was Christmas Eve. The vets kept him for us, until the 26th. It was a little disconcerting that when we picked him up, he was frozen. Syd died at home. We wrapped him and put him in the garage till morning. I kept going out, as if me checking would make a difference.

The odd thing.....there is an all breed rescue on one side of the Paws to Heaven unit. I can't imagine what the doggies think when they hear sounds from next door.....but, supposedly, a few people do pick new friends while they are there.

Dawn