[Dailydrool] Cannot smell---Thyroid issues

Jaime Brigance via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jan 22 23:08:07 PST 2016

Hello all;
A few weeks back I wrote what must have appeared as a fairly stupid question.  I asked if anyone else's basset ever stopped smelling so strong, or something like that.
My boy Biscuit had stopped smelling almost entirely; or so I thought.  Turns out, my sense of smell is compromised right now by my thyroid, which is almost non functional.  I am now on medication.  One of the things that I told my Dr. was that I could barely smell my basset hound. She said she thought they had a strong scent and thought that was quite odd.
I spent over four hours going over previous medical records.  I was at one teaching hospital in Oregon for five years and no thyroid panel was ever run.  I am furious this could not have been caught sooner.  There is no telling what this is responsible for, as I have several serious medical issues.  I will have a better idea after six weeks of being on medication.
I think having a basset hound may have just made a significant difference in this issue being discovered.  I mean when a basset hound has no scent......I guess there really is something wrong!!!
My Biscuit has been very considerate when we go for his walks.  He does not pull me down the stairs, I have come to believe that he knows I am not at my best.  This amazes me and I compliment him over and over.   My roommate is shocked that he doesn't pull me.
I am grateful for Biscuit's assistance in helping to solve some of my medical issues!!!!

Drool to all in need,

Jaime & Biscuit Pueblo, Colorado
brigancehappy at yahoo.com