[Dailydrool] Long time

June Scheunemann via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jul 2 17:07:51 PDT 2016

First off I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers while I
was dealing with my Dad.  Mike was able to come home on spousal support and
then another week of bereavement. With all I see being a first responder I
never want to see a loved one go thru what Dad went thru.  His pain was
barely controllable.  He was on 3 pain meds and still was miserable.  The
last several weeks I had so many phone calls and so much running to sit with
him .more than once he said it was time he was ready.  Knowing you were all
out there and the cards I got from many...well, just know it helped me so
much!  From my heart I thank everyone!!!!  What a great group of people you
all are.

Things have been different and it's taken me awhile to be able to relax and
have time for me, my ponies and my pups.  I no longer sit and just wait for
the phone to ring.

The pups are doing just fine.  They have been angels during this time..such
special boys and speaking of special...Gus has decided he likes the Fresh
Pet dog food in the bag..yup the $17.00 for like a 2 quart bag.  Oh no I
don't spoil them at all.  If he likes it he gets it.

  I did have to put Pepper the barn cat down.he ended up with liver
problems. Pepper is buried in the hillside by the horseshoe cross that marks
the area of all my 4 leggers that have passed.  From this place they can see
the entire farm.  For the pups.their collars hang on the cross with their
tags.  I ride by it every ride I take up on the hill.

Then 2 weeks ago I picked up 2 kittens for the barn.  A second cousin of
mine has tried to clean up her small village (literally small..1 bar and a
fire dept) of feral cats.  She has tamed 2 that her kids adopted..fixed
quite a few more thru the free roamers association...however the one female
decided she wanted a litter.  So the brothers cmae here to live.   They are
so cute and have brought so much joy and laughter into the barn again.  They
are 7 weeks old and into everything and the old barn cat Uncle Tubbs( who is
20 something in age) has taken to them with no problem.  One kitten is
slightly larger than the other...and alittle more "fuzzy"...so they are
named Batman and Robin.  I will try and get pics and send it .  They are so
cute and so into everything.  Love it.

Again thank you all...for your words of comfort and support..I hope to be
more on line now and talking more.  I was keeping abreast of things but, my
heart wasn't into much talking.

The biggest news.....ta da!!!  Mike is looking into early retirement!!!  We
have some things to work out yet but, he is looking to be home PERMANANTLY
by winter.

Hugs to all,

June

June Scheunemann