[Dailydrool] Lip Fold Surgery

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jul 8 14:47:55 PDT 2016

​Keep in mind that what your kindly Vet surgeon has in mind will
drastically alter the way your dog looks facially. What he is proposing is
to remove the extra skin, the part that makes him a Basset. Yes, it is a
permanent fix. BUT if you buy some OXY10 cleansing pads, or any acne
medicine wth benzoyl peroxide and clean and dry gently his face and lip
folds every day, I think you will find a vast improvement. I would ask the
Veterinarian for an anti-biotic for the first 10 days or so, since the
smell is usually caused by bacteria.

Personally, I would try everything possible before I opted for the surgery,
but perhaps you already have. Yu have to keep his face as dry and clean as
possible, wiping several times a day. I just want to be sure you understand
that it will  change his appearance.

MomPerson to Conley, MertaLou & Doc

bgszap2 at gmail.com