[Dailydrool] Girls vs boys

Mary Chase via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jun 2 04:13:24 PDT 2016

Bev I have five boys (not all bassets) and one girl that live in our home and one girl and two boys that live in our office/tack room and in the stables.    I used to love my girls, however found that more than one girl often was a problem - they all have their spats on occasion, but I fine the boys will bicker and then give up...the girls seem to fight to the death!      My biggest complaint with the boys is the "marking" - several of them are older rescue hounds that were not neutered until later in life.....our walker is a sneaky marker and pointer cross was 11 when we pulled him from the shelter (and got rid of the family jewels) and he goes through phases of marking.   My basset (my only non rescue) couldn't lift his leg if his life depended on it!    The majority of the time they all bow to the queen-Gracie Mae- she rules from her perch and puts them all in line when needed.

Our stable crew loves everyone as our employees bring their dogs to work and visitors seem to always have their pups with them.  At times there are up to seven dogs running around together on our farm.

Mary