[Dailydrool] Soft Dog oops

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Mar 4 15:14:30 PST 2016

My boys are not without feelings, but generally they have a sense of
righteous indignation which they roll out any time they are corrected for
anything. HOW DARE YOU?? They glare at me. YOU left the plate right there.
What did you think would happen, you silly person?

But Merta Lou is new and young and not yet used to me, I guess, and as her
delicate little lips stretched longlingly toward the plate with the Pork
Tenderloin medallions on it I bellowed ARRGH-- not even as loudly as I
would, say for Conley, who would have had it by then anyway.

Oh dear! Little Miss dropped to the floor and skittered out of the kitchen,
ears flat and tail flatter, into the other room where she dashed into the
safest place she knows-- Doc's crate. (he was outside.) Uh oh.
After about 10 minutes she crept out and ran to the living room where she
huddled in a corner of the couch.
Eventually I had time to apologize, to coax and cuddle and pet and reassure.
I feel like sh-t, just totally. I will spend days apologizing to a dog.

MomPerson (not a good one, either) to conley, Doc and Merta Lou.

bgszap2 at gmail.com