[Dailydrool] Fw: Opthalmologists

Terry Pettett via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Mar 20 14:31:02 PDT 2016

     On Saturday, March 19, 2016 8:06 PM, Terry Pettett <tmpettett at yahoo.com> wrote:

  Hi All, I always read but most never post, so I`ll just jump in and if someone wants to respond to my address or the drool, it would be greatly appreciated!Our Basset, Edgar is 9yrs. 10 months. Last October he had 4 cysts removed, one that was cancer. But Vet believes it shouldn`t return. In November his right 3rd eyelid began to swell some. Vet said it was conjunctivitis. Treated for that until we took him to a Ophthalmologist which gave us some drops and said if it didn`t clear up, he could have a cyst or tumor. Fast forward, our Vet consulted with the ophthalmologist and removed the 3rd eye lid, but did find a 2-3 centimeter tumor which she removed.(2/29) Thought we had good margins but came back not good margins. We are now taking him to Dr Ramsey in Williamson Mi , the Animal Ophthalmology Center to be evaluated as he believes he can remove a small amount of tissue and improve his margins enough to hopefully curer this. Anybody know of this Ophthalmologist? Our Vet says she has had her own dogs treated by him with good results.
The cancer he has is called clear cell carcinoma , very rare in dogs, but seen in horses! Dr. Ramsey has treated 2 other dogs with this and they were cured ! Need some encouragement. (BAD this is driving me worry constantly) Thanks , Terry & Maryann ,and Edgartmpettett at yahoo.com