[Dailydrool] Update on Bailey

Bailey T. Martinez via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Mar 24 16:51:57 PDT 2016

First, thank you to everybody who sent us well wishes, both through this
list and by contacting us directly.

Bailey came out of surgery like a star. The surgeon said it was the biggest
herniated disk she had ever seen (just like Bailey, to set new standards
like that).

I visited her a few hours ago, about 24 hours after surgery. She doesn't
appear to be in pain, but she is a little uncomfortable. She cannot walk on
her back legs, but she is responsive. She can feel pain, she wags her tail,
and when did a quick stretch I noticed her back toes move!

It's a long road ahead but we'll do it day by day. The surgeon is joyously
optimistic that she's in a good place. And so we move on -- being
#BaileyStrong.

She will likely stay at the hospital until Saturday.

Please keep the drool coming.

--
Bailey the Therapy Hound

*Typed by Bailey's human, Cynthia*