[Dailydrool] Groggy Doggy

Julie Canny via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed May 4 17:27:31 PDT 2016

Tonight I do not have to worry about Guinness lying on the mat in front of the kitchen sink.  My usual trick is to bump into him until he gets the hint.  However, I have found that throwing a choice treat just out of reach of his position is a definite win-win.

Guinness had his big dental today and I was absolutely shocked to find that he did not have to have a single extraction.  His mouth was stinky, but not from rotten teeth.  It was stinky because they found all sorts of stuff in a pocket area by his teeth, things like bits of fur from his "grooming" efforts.  We will have to pay close attention to that.  He was unusually groggy this dental.  No pain pills because there were no extractions.  He whined the whole trip (all 3 miles) home, would not get out of the car and when he finally came inside, whined some more.  Lots of vacant stares.  Thankfully he's gone potty outside and has eaten his dinner and is now fast asleep.  He'll be 5 in August so he's still a young dude (without many brains), but I was worried.  I'm sure he'll be blocking all kitchen duties tomorrow as usual.

Julie Canny

Sent from my iPad