[Dailydrool] Bobo the Inhaler ATB

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu May 26 07:49:25 PDT 2016

We said goodbye to our beloved Bobo yesterday. He lived to the ripe old dog age of 15, but it's never long enough. Our son, Aaron, rescued him 14 years ago from an ex-girlfriend who left him neglected and lonely in her backyard. He took her dog and promptly broke up with her! We were surprised to come home one afternoon and find this dirty, tick-ridden low-rider in the house, but he became our snuggle-buddy and family canine clown. Soon after, we welcomed a yellow Lab puppy into the pack. Bobo and Scout became bonded buddies from the start. Our poor Scout spent last night pacing the house, searching for her short-legged friend :( Bobo became deaf in his old age, but that wasn't a problem. Aaron, who is deaf, taught him sign language well.

What will I miss about Bobo? So much! Long, droopy ears that dragged on the pavement and became black at the tips. That mellifluous "Ah Rooo" he would greet us with at dinner time. The way his nose would be plastered to the ground as we took him for his walk. His big, brown, soulful Basset eyes, displayed on his Calendar page of January 6, 2016. Thank you, my Bobo, for 14 precious years with you!

Lois Leader, who is crying as she types; Scout, his broken-hearted Lab assistant, and Dobby, the House Elf, trying desperately to cheer us up.
lois.leader at cox.net