[Dailydrool] Browyn

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri May 6 04:16:57 PDT 2016

Thanks for all the advice from everyone. She is allergic to royal canine
so. And, she can't have hot dog soup either. She is allergic to chicken,
beef and pork.

The urine acidifier is so she doesn't have the perfect conditions to
develop stones. The active ingredient in it is the same active ingredient
in Science Diet u/d. Plus I am filling her food bowl with water after I get
the food in there. I am changing out the water as much as possible. Tim
says I should get her some gatorade and give it to her diluted. I just
don't want her to have the extra calories from sugar. We are having such a
tough time getting the extra three pounds off her that she gained.

So far it is not working. She is getting me up 2-3 times a night. Wednesday
night I was so tired I didn't hear her until 5:00 and when I got up, the
crate pad was absolutely drenched on on half of the crate and Bugsey and
Browyn were crammed in the other side trying to stay dry. I felt like such
a bad mommy. Of course I changed out the crate pad while they were outside
doing their business. I called the vet. He said it would take several days
for it to work. Oh Joy! Of course, this makes sense. The ironic thing is
she is acting just like BismarkATB who never got a stone but had crystals.
He ate u/d for years and then developed an allergy to corn so we put these
really nasty, stinky pills of methionine in his food bowl and he ate them
right up.  Never had trouble again. I hope we get as lucky as Browyn.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess