[Dailydrool] Curious nose

Nancy Candray via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Nov 2 15:03:51 PDT 2016

Speedy's hearing maybe failing but his drive to sniff out interesting creatures has not. This last month our back yard has been subject to a late night visitor aka a gopher. Now I think this particular gopher is smart as he only visits at night when the boys are safely inside.

Every morning there has been a pile of dirty left behind from our visitor. Speedy has caught on. At first I saw Rambo randomly visit a particular section our yard but now Speedy spends his whole day at that spot. This weekend I noticed his snooter in ground. I believe he sniffed out the gophers main place. Hours pass by and Speedy stares at the spot or has his snooter in it. I don't think he wants to hunt it but wants a good sniff of this new creature and for the life of him the gopher refuses to come out during the day.

Well at least he found a new hobby other than sleeping all day. And if the gopher doesn't stop digging up out yard I may have to call in my friend's bloodhound who loves to dig WWII trenches in order to "play" with gophers.

Nancy momslabe to:
Speedy Demon of the West OEBE
And Rambo the Shar Pei

Sent from my iPhone