[Dailydrool] MIxed breed bassets and howlowe'en

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Oct 1 19:53:23 PDT 2016

Have you noticed that when you mix a basset with any other breed, the puppies come out with the body of the basset hound and the head of the other breed?  there is a basset-pitbull mix who comes to the PETCO where I volunteer on weekends. Her name is Xena.  Xena's owner is the dog trainer at PETCO who teaches classes there on weekends. Xena's body is identical to Mariah's (a black tri-color basset hound body) although slightly more muscular. But Xena's head is purebred pitbull. For Halloween I am sewing up a pair of basset hound ears on a hat for Xena so she can be a purebred basset when she goes trick or treating. Hee hee.

Val of Hawaii with bassets Mila and Mariah and notabasset Ipo vlbzwick at yahoo.com