[Dailydrool] Pancreatitis-Friendly Pill Pocket??

Ellen Cole via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Oct 16 04:30:04 PDT 2016

As you might imagine, GracieLou has a bunch of pills she has to swallow as she battles pancreatitis.  GracieLou is very adept at spitting them out so we've had to shove them down her throat, which is traumatic for all involved (and she still spits them out...so it's a long, drawn-out ordeal twice a day!).

Of course, her diet is extremely restricted. I will ask the vet for a recommendation too, when we next speak, but thought I would put the question out to the experts on The Drool. Cream cheese was our go-to Tramadol hider when Oliver had lymphoma...but I'm pretty certain that cream cheese will be definitely vetoed by the doc.  I don't want to use the special food she has because we need her to eat and I don't want her to refuse food because she suspects pills.

Any ideas? Ellen & GracieLou
erc2761 at gmail.com

Sent from my iPad