[Dailydrool] Advice & Comments SECOND INSTALLMENT READ SECOND

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Oct 21 14:08:59 PDT 2016

​

I went home and called my old Boss, my first Vet and someone I trust
implicitly. The next morning we went to his clinic. There we shaved his
belly and had someone trained TRAINED--in ultrasound do the pictures. We
ran an EKG. The Tech who did the ultrasound and my Vet concurred that they
saw a folded spleen (!!) NOTHING on the kidneys and possibly a heart
problem. So we ran an EKG and sent it out to Cardio-Pets.
The ultrasound and xrays went out to a board certified radiologist and
someone who is certified in reading ultrasounds.
The heart people have suggested we have Conley's blood pressure checked.
The others have not gotten back to us yet.

But here's the thing: when you're talking cancer or anything that may end a
life, a second opinion is absolutely called for. The first Vet is
inexperienced in these things but I was lucky-- I KNEW THAT, because I used
to work there. Had I been a "normal" client I might well have taken him at
his word and kind of did anyway, but it was so bizarre that I decided to
double check it.

Yes it has cost a mint. More than I would like. And still, we have not
heard from the Ultrasound people. There may still be a serious problem. We
don't THINK so but we'll know tomorrow.

Anytime a Veterinarian or human Doctor says "Well I THINK..." or
"We BELIEVE that..." you need another opinion.

Keep us posted about Daisy.

MomPerson to Conley, MertaLou and  Doc