[Dailydrool] Bored dogs cooped up inside

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Sep 2 20:35:09 PDT 2016

It has been raining here for the past two days as a tropical storm skirts the islands.  Because of high wind forecasts, DH and I moved everything that was outside on the lanai or in the carport into the living room.  Today I have been in my sewing room working while the dogs roamed the house, played with each other, slept, and entertained themselves.  Mistake on my part. Notice the last phrase--entertained themselves.

I have just come out into the living room. OH my dawg. The three of them opened up the bag of charcoal from the grill and adorned themselves in blackface, plus paw printing the tiles for fun.  They played throw confetti with birdseed liberated from another bag. Someone (Mariah??) chewed open the Amazon box we were returning and left tooth prints on the items inside. Another someone (or more likely the same one)  pruned the potted tree of lower branches. And there is paper scattered everywhere. (To their credit, no pee or poop, but the furniture is all damp from wet dogs drying themselves off after excursions into the elements to relieve themselves).  The crew looks pretty happy, though, I must say. And I kind of like Ipo's new look (she is the pitbull-heeler mix). With eyebrows and a mustache on her white face, she looks quite comical and a bit like Charlie Chaplin.

WHile baths are certainly in order, as is a mop-up, I'm not sure I have the energy tonight so we may just have to live in squalor until tomorrow.

Val, Mariah, Mila, and notabasset Ipo.  Vlbzwick at yahoo.com