[Dailydrool] Debbie Dawgs results

Donna Lindy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Sep 3 15:10:37 PDT 2016

rescues being pleased with the amounts donated, the rescues
have all been very grateful and do post a thank you on our
Debbies Dawg Facebook page, which probably explains why
you may not see it. They also thank everyone as their donation
comes in and donations made to Debbies Dawgs for the rescues
also get a thank you at the time we receive them.  These days
we average between $2300 and $2500 for the rescues and that
is a big help with vet bills although sometimes it will only cover
one or two dogs and sometimes not even that.

We are also raising awareness about smaller rescues and
about the seniors in rescue - how they got there, usually a
sad story, and how they’re doing now.  We help the rescues
show these dogs love by doing our senior pawtner projects
where we pair humans with senior hounds and they send
a package to the hound. Some of these hounds have never had
their own bed before, their own toys or a new collar - it is amazing
what a package can give a hound in addition to what the foster
family and rescue does for the hound. It is also heartwarming
for the foster family to have some additional support. Most people
get attached to their senior hound and many of them send to the
hound until he or she gets adopted or goes to the Bridge. It is not
a requirement but people do it because they want to. I think that
Debbie would love this project that we do twice a year; it’s my
favorite thing that Debbies Dawgs does.

Halloween is coming up in a few weeks. If you would like to send
some treats to a senior basset in foster care, email me off list and
I will find you a hound to send to. You could also include a
spooky bandana or witch toy if you like. It is a wonderful
experience and a great way to enjoy a hound if you are
currently houndless.

I personally would like to thank everyone for contributing to
the success of Debbies Dawgs.  It is a testament to the respect
and love that continues for our friend Debbie Winchester and
for her enduring love for the seniors of our favorite breed. When
we first started Debbies Dawgs I thought it would do well for
about 6 months and then slowly fade away.  Boy was I wrong!

If you have never donated before, I encourage you to participate.
It’s only once a month and you’ll never miss that $5. But it will
be the best $5 you ever spent.  Look at your own seniors and
know you would be happy to have the support of so many if
something happened and you had to turn to rescue to help
your hound.  Our donations help the rescues take in that
next hound that needs their help.

Thanks again for the support and Riche thank you for raising
the question and letting me get in another plea for donations!

Donna, drool fueler for Sunny and Maggie
dlindy at mac.com