[Dailydrool] Morse

Rebecca Louisa Stanton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Sep 4 10:51:54 PDT 2016

Hello all, I don't tend to post as much these days and we are no longer on
FB, but we still read and keep up with what is happening on DD.  Morse is
nearly 12 now and has slowed down a lot, but still loves going places, even
if it is just to sit down and happily watch life going past.  I took him
out last week around the village.  We visited a  neighbour at the quayside
with her little terrier and spent about half an hour there, then we took a
very slow walk up to the pub (at the top of a steep hill).  We had another
stop there for half an hour while I had a coke and Morse had a gravy bone,
he also had a woof at the landlord and settled down for a snooze with the
other dogs in the pub.  We then made our way round the churchyard (he still
manages to find cat turds) and the orchard, and we finally ended up at the
other end of the quay about half a mile from my car.  By this time we had
been out over 2 hours and Morse decided to have a snooze at the side of the
road.  My phone had no reception so all I could do was wait.  After about
half an hour a friend toddled along who did have phone reception, and she
managed to phone my hubby, who then had to walk down and wait with a
still-snoozing Morse while I went and got the taxi.  We got home having
been out 3 hours.  Morse also seems to have a new trick of managing to turn
out really runny turds when you don't want him to.  The first one of the
day may be as solid as a rock, but somehow - generally when in a very
public place - he will manage to do an awful one that requires me to have
to get some water and slosh it away.  I am certain he is doing it on
purpose, the little tinker.  The latest one he did was a grotty one on the
cobbled road right next to a couple who were eating their dinner outside
the pub.   I got the dogs water bowl and managed to wash it away.  I am
sure he is chuckling at my expense.
Drool to all in need
Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB