[Dailydrool] The Rio Trio

Mary Marshall via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Sep 7 07:24:32 PDT 2016

 Droolers,It has now been 10 years since the Rio Trio came to live with me. On Sept 6, 2006 while returning from work on a rural road in the rural part of El Paso County TX I came across three basset hounds sitting on a drainage ditch. Needless to say with a screeching of tires and all, I went to where they were, got all three in the back seat and took them home. The next day the vet said I had a two year old momma and two one year old pups. All had issues, ticks, cuts, a UTI, and when mommy was spayed found out she was pregnant. Oops, too late. Finally got all well, and then how do you break up a family? I couldn't do it, so they are still with me, happy and hopefully not too fat. They are loved and will be here until time to go to the bridge. May that be a long way off. After this, I really came to appreciate what rescues do for the hounds. Lots of work and money and time and LOVE. My hat goes off to all rescues and all they do for the hounds. Thank you.Terry Marshall and the rio trio.terrymarshall33 at att.net