[Dailydrool] red & white vs tri intelligence

Robert Lyons via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Sep 17 08:36:11 PDT 2016

Just to add my 2 cents to this discussion: The two smartest Bassets we
ever had were red & whites. Belle was especially adept in learning a new
game, and loved showing off her talents. I somehow made up a game where
if I pretended to "sniff" her from a distance, she would growl. It was
silly, but it delighted company, and she delighted in the attention. And
my current R&W Basset Fendi is the only dog I've ever seen that actually
understands "pointing". If I throw her a snack and she misses it, she
will look at me and I can point to where it is, and she understands and
looks there to find it. Pointing is a very abstract idea for dogs I
think, and Fendi has it down pat.

Rob & Fendi