[Dailydrool] Poor Ipo

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Sep 25 02:56:03 PDT 2016

I don't know if Hawaii has a fall season like the lower 48 states, but
right now ragweed season is in full force here as well as the other fall
weeds. Beauford, Bugsey and to a lesser extent Browyn all have trouble in
the fall, including their mother.  All three are on apoquel right now. The
boys are also on benadryl 2x a day.  Beauford and Browyn are taking zyrtec
2x aday and Bugsey is on claratin 2x aday. You don't want to see the Fairy
Princess on benadryl. It makes her very hyper. With all of that, poor
Bugsey is sneezing his head off this morning and looks utterly miserable.
Beauford is scratching, but he isn't doing any skin damage so I hate to dig
out the steroids. They are all getting bathed in the next day or two.
Bugsey and Browyn are on allergy shots. They said Beauford had improved
enough not to need them. We will see. If he keeps getting worse we will
have to test again and see if he needs to restart shots.  The shots aren't
dirt cheap, but compared to all the infections you don't have to treat,
they are so worth it. It is just bad when you have to start multiplying
everything by 3. This is why the DH swears these three are the last three
we will ever have. At this point I see no point in arguing with him. While
the crew is getting older, they are still relatively young. Browyn will be
5 in November which doesn't even seem possible. Beauford will be 8 in
January and Bugsey will be 6 in April. When we get down to 1 or 2, I will
start giving him grief. It is so much easier to train a new dog to the
rules of house when you have another one to teach them.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess