[Dailydrool] Off to Vet in the AM

Julie Canny via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Sep 29 19:03:03 PDT 2016

Guinness's strange ailments just got stranger.  He seemed to be pretty much
back to normal, eating, not scratching as much.  He still had accidents in
the house, but keeping him a crate overnight and going back to basics
seemed to stop them.  He was his playful self during his evening walk.
This morning he wanted to chase the wild turkeys.

Tonight I was in the kitchen and the other 3 dogs in various places around
the house.  Guinness was napping in the den.  Suddenly he started
screaming, yelping, barking and I found him in the hall way (about 20 feet
from his bed) shaking.  Nothing obvious, but shaking.  There was nothing
near him to hurt him.  He was lying down in the back hall and looking most
unhappy.  I spent quite a bit of time on the floor with him, calming him
and checking for any obvious injury.  After about an hour I got him to eat
little pieces of his favorite soft treats.  He tried to get up and quit,
tried again and quit.  Front legs were fine.  He did not want me to touch
his back leg.  About 10 minutes later, with me near him, he tried to get up
and got on all fours and the yelping/screaming began again.  He lay back
down and seemed to be calming down then peed all over the floor (and me).
Then he got up and walked to lie down in front of the fireplace about 8
feet away.  He's still shaking, but sleeping.

No emergency vet and I don't want to lift him.  Calling the vet first thing
and we'll find a way to get him to the car (if he's not getting up.)  He's
only 5.

Julie.a.canny at gmail.com