[Dailydrool] Hormones

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Sep 10 15:30:29 PDT 2016

I have had five female Bassets and have never had a hormone problem  Bev, I
did have a miniature Dachshund ,  who had one litter of pups,  we then had
her fixed, but she did have a false pregnancy , the vet put her on  hormone
therapy for 6 months and she never had a problem after that.  I  have never
allowed my Bassets to have a heat cycle before having them fixed, I  know
some vets prefer that, but mine isn't one of them, my neighbor who has a
Mastiff puppy was told to allow her dog to have one heat cycle before being
fixed, something about lg breed dogs ????  good luck

Marlene